Web hosting is an of Internet hosting service that without which there can’t be shown any websites on the Internet. Webhosting makes it possible for clients to create and maintain a site that is accessible on the World Wide Web. Companies providing web hosting services are sometimes called web hosts.
Technical side of webhosting
Typically, web hosting requires the following:
- Servers that act all together as the host for the clients’ websites
- Domain Name System configuration to define name(s) for the sites and point them to the hosting server(s);
- a web server running on the host;
for each site hosted on the server:
- space on the server(s) to hold the files making up the site
- site-specific configuration
- often, a database;
- software and credentials allowing the client to access these, enabling them to create, configure, and modify the site;
- email connectivity allowing the host and site to send email to the client.
Other posts by admin